Nonviolent Communication (#nvc) is a communication model and way of life developed by Marshall Rosenberg. It teaches a compassionate perspective that transforms the relation with yourself and others. It is applied in prisons, schools, business and personal life to increase emotional intelligence, improve relationship, create connection and resolve conflict.
I think it is important that people see that spirituality is at the base of Nonviolent Communication, and that they learn the mechanics of the process with that in mind. It’s really a spiritual practice that I am trying to show as a way of life.
- Marshall Rosenberg
I’ve written in dutch about Nonviolent Communication:
Recommended NVC trainers
International NVC Trainers:
- Yoram Mosenzon (my trainer, highly recommended): Connecting2Life
- Sarah Payton: Your Resonant Self
- Miki Kashtan: The Fearless Heart
- Robert Gonzales: Living Compassion
Friends in the Netherlands:
- Kirsten Goedhart: Present Heart
- Marianne van Dijk: Cup of Empathy (YouTube videos)
- Cara Crisler: Crisler Coaching
- Astara Lieuw-On: Communiceren met compassie
- Vulnerably Honesty - Yoram Mosenzon (TEDx Talk)
- Nonviolent Communication - Marshall Rosenberg (book): The official book is a great introduction.
- Demonstration - Marshall Rosenberg (YouTube)
- 3 hour workshop - Marshall Rosenberg (YouTube)
- Mediate your life: Their Training Manual features succinct and powerful maps to practice Nonviolent Communication and navigate various situations. Highly recommended for trainers. Their book series provide an excellent job in explaining the maps in the Training Manual step by step.
- Compassion Course: A global and yearlong course in compassion. You receive an e-mail with theory and exercise every week, and you can connect with over 6000 fellow students using a private Facebook Group.