⚒︎ Work in progressArticle might be incomplete, outdated, a placeholder or an early draft.
As coach and trainer, I help people, teams and organizations make meaningful progress. I combine 10+ years in Agile and software with 7+ years of coaching in personal growth. My strengths are empathy, non-judgemental attitude, sharp observation and creating clarity in complexity. I believe in supporting autonomy, competence and connection of people with servant leadership and structured selforganization.
Agile Coach & Learning Officer @ Orikami (2017-now)
As lead of the Learning Organization I am responsible for continuous improvement and learning of employees, teams and organization. As Agile Coach, I help teams adopt an Agile-Lean mindset and Scrum. As Software Architect, I mentor software developers.
- Created programs for Personal Development & Team Development.
- Professional coaching of employees, including leaders.
- Introduced organization-wide continuous improvement, which resulted in many improvements.
- Scaled scrum over product and team boundaries.
- Shaped and contributed various change initiatives.
- Organized and facilitate company-wide events such as hackathons, strategic sessions, teambuilding, knowledge sharing and learning with Appreciative Inquiry, Open Space Technology and Liberating Structures.
- I organized more than 50 workshops and reached more than 150 persons.
- Incompany and consumer workshops, courses, coaching and relationship sessions.
- Created a Nonviolent Communication practice community with regular workshop evenings.
Tech & Happiness Guru @ YouBeDo (2015-2016)
I worked as Software Developer, Scrum Master, Producer Owner, Lean Startup consultant and Life Coach/Trainer.
- Introduced Scrum to get a grip on software development.
- Introduced Lean Startup to launch a new spin-off product.
- Contributed to transitioning to a Teal organization.
- Held Nonviolent Communication workshops.
- Taught and guided meditation sessions.
- Implemented Collaborative Filtering algorithm (AI) for book recommendations.
Superhero @ Dreamyourworld (2013)
I was part of a multidisciplinary think tank, helping organizations innovate through evening brainstorm sessions (“Think Up session”) and short sprints (“Do It Lab”) in which we tested a business hypothesis or build a proof of concept.
Software Developer @ Made by Mark (2010-2015)
I worked as independent Software Developer to deliver state-of-the-art smartphone applications and full-stack webapplications.
- Consult startups on busines strategy (Lean Startup, Business Model Canvas).
- Use and introduce Agile and Scrum to my clients.
- Open Source contributions and created several successful libraries.
- Working alone, I deliverd full service solution from business strategy, requirements, implementation, testing, deployment and customer service.
- Worked in teams in various organizations.
- Worked for startups, SMBs and multinationals in various industries (art, goverment, research, finance, marketing, e-commerce).
Theory U - U.Lab 1x (2017)
Facilitate awareness-based transformative change processes.
8 evenings of live training (#Ulab024, led by Jonas Heffels)
- Mediation Course (2015)
- Continuation Year course (2014-2015, 2015-2016)
- Year course Teaching and embodying NVC (2013-2014)
- Intermediate Course (2013)
- Intimate Relationships Workshop (2013)
5 years of university education at Radboud University, Nijmegen.
- Bachelor of Science, Artificial Intelligence (2007-2011)
- Propedeuse, Medicine, Radboud University (2006)
High School (2000-2006)
VWO (Cum Laude), Natuur en Gezondheid, Augustinianum, Eindhoven.
My personal life
I live together with my wife Aukje and two kids in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. I enjoy performing improv theatre, board games, indie computer games, hydroponic gardering, Magic The Gathering, yoga, meditating, Adventure Time and Rick and Morty.